Thursday 20 November 2014

I’M Still PF Secretary General, Just on Leave – Edgar Lungu

Edgar Lungu has refuted a report in Fred M’membe’s Post Newspaper suggesting he had relinquished his position as Secretary General of the ruling Patriotic Front.
Lungu, who is among the 10 candidates vying for the PF SG post, has stated he is only on leave and will resume his duties later.
Below is a statement
I have received several concerns and queries following a story circulating in some sections of the media that I have resigned or relinquished my position as Secretary General of the Patriotic Front.
I am hereby stating for the record that I have not resigned my position as SG.
I have simply taken leave of absence or temporarily stepped aside until our party finalises a decision to select who shall run for the position of party President.
With this statement, I wish to re-affirm that I Edgar C. Lungu remain Secretary General of the PF until such a time that a substantive candidate has been named to contest the 20th January 2015 by-election.
In my absence, the Deputy Secretary General Mrs. Bridgette Attanga will act as the Secretary General of the Party.
God bless Zambia.
Hon. Edgar C. Lungu
Secretary General of the PF
Minister of Defense and Justice

1 comment: